Zi-400 Marine is a premium all-in-one boat cleaner and corrosion inhibitor. Perfect for use on any marine vessel from naval, commercial, search and rescue, superyachts and sports & leisure, Zi-400 Marine is based on the unique technology of Zi-400 HD Aircraft Cleaner, Australia’s leading aviation cleaning product.
Scientifically proven to protect aluminium and steel alloys from corrosion, Zi-400 products also have the extraordinary ability to shut down the corrosion process after it has commenced. It is also safe to use and highly effective on fibreglass and gelcoat surfaces.
Washing with Zi-400 Marine will not only give your boat a pristine finish, it will help protect it from surface degradation and corrosion for years to come.
Download Product Brochure
Scientific testing of Zi-400 dates back to 1993, when the Australian Defence Force commissioned an in-depth study into the impact of 19 fully approved aviation cleaning products on the corrosion rates of aluminium alloy used in military aircraft.
The study found Zi-400 to not only be a powerful corrosion inhibitor, it also has the extraordinary ability to arrest existing corrosion after it has commenced, shutting down corrosion rates to almost zero. As a result, Zi-400 has been the trusted cleaning product of the ADF ever since.
In 2016, Solidus Industries commissioned Deakin University in Melbourne to undertake an in-depth assessment of Zi-400’s capabilities as a corrosion inhibitor. We asked them to recreate the 1993 testing by the Australian Defence Force, testing Zi-400 against a prominent aviation approved cleaning product that is currently used throughout the world.
You can read a full summary of the Scientific Testing of Zi-400 as a Corrosion Inhibitor here or download the PDF version.
Zi-400 Marine offers powerful corrosion protection to common problem areas on Marine vessels including:
Hand spray application:
Decks, Fittings & Superstructures | Flanges | Trunks
Ballast Tanks and Sludge Tanks | Bilges | Seawater piping systems
All-In-One Boat Cleaner and Corrosion Inhibitor:
Hull and superstructure, bilges, engine rooms and interior cleaning. Suitable for use on all surfaces that tolerate water including paint, varnish, fibreglass, gelcoat, metal, plastic, wood, glass, vinyl, leather and fabrics.
- For optimal results, Zi-400 Marine should not be allowed to dry on the surface of the boat. For this reason, we recommend washing your boat in the shade and out of the wind to avoid premature drying. If you don’t have this luxury, we recommend washing outside of the hottest and windiest times of the day, where possible. In all cases, it is essential to divide the boat into manageable sections to be washed and rinsed clean, before moving on to the next section.
- Prepare the vessel for washing according to the manufacturer’s recommendations, covering electronics as specified.
- Rinse the vessel first, especially where salty.
- Recommended application methods include: a good quality brush, sponge, spray-bottle or where available, foaming equipment. Applied with a foamer, Zi-400 is able to dwell on the surface of the vessel for longer without drying, providing an extra thorough clean.
- Begin the wash with a 1:30 ratio of Zi-400 to water. For heavily soiled areas, make the mix stronger (1:5 ratio at the highest) and apply with a spray-bottle.
- Wash from the top of the vessel down to the bottom. Agitation of Zi-400 on the surface is essential. Work quickly and methodically, leaving a dwell time of at least a few minutes for the product to sit, so as it can lift the grime from the surface before rinsing.
- Chamois vessel dry prior to the bulk of droplets evaporating for best results.
|1:30 parts water
|1:5 parts water
|1:100 parts water
Hand spray application:
- Mix Zi-400 in a spray bottle with water at a 1:5 ratio.
- Spray Zi-400 on the area that you would like to protect against corrosion, or arrest existing corrosion that has already began. Leave the product to dwell for 2 – 5 minutes, and then wipe off.
The ratio for bulk addition of Zi-400 Marine for ballast tanks, sludge tanks, seawater piping systems and bilges is usually between 1:5-1:10, but will vary based on the size and specs of your vessel. Please contact us for tailored advice based on your application.
Safety Data Sheet (SDS)
Download the Zi-400 Marine Safety Data Sheet here.